November 16, 2020
How to be a successful Board
1. All Board Members to make their own gift.
2. All Board Members to obtain their corporation’s gift, if applicable.
3. All Board Members to help identify individual donors you can approach.
4. All Board Members to identify corporate and foundation donors and/or sponsors you can approach.
5. Al Board Members to attend donor and/or sponsor cultivation events and meetings.
6. All Board Members to search for people who you know can get involved or help on projects.
7. All Board Members to strive to be remain knowledgeable on all activities.
8. All Board Members to be available to work on projects.
9. All Board Members to attend all scheduled committee and Board meetings, if possible.
10. All Board Members to support staff innovation.
11. All Board members to challenge both yourself and staff to be creative.
12. All Board Members to make thank you calls to donors and/or sponsors.
13. All Board Members to be responsive to staff-generated and volunteer-generated suggestions.
14. All Board Members to be positive.
15. All Board Members to ask questions.
If you would like to learn more about how my ability, experience, and skills may be able to help benefit your nonprofit organization or a nonprofit organization you may be associated with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. I would be pleased to meet and discuss the opportunity of working together and provide you with any additional information you may require.
I hope you enjoy my postings and find this information useful. Please follow the link at: https://raveresults.ca/blog/ as I welcome your comments on my Blog.
Mitchell Ravvin, BComm, PFPC, CFRE
Rave Results Inc.
7436 21A Street SE
Calgary, AB T2C 0V9
Rave Results Inc. is a professional fundraising service specializing in assisting mid-size nonprofit organizations. Areas of expertise include: Donor Development, Major Gift Fundraising, Sponsorship, Planned Giving, and both Annual and Capital Campaigns.