July 20, 2020
12 Giving Statistics Your Nonprofit Should Pay Attention To
I revisited an older article I was looking at and reached out to Sumac / Silent Partner Software to see if it would be okay to include in my latest Blog post and social media. I have been using Sumac as a Donor Data base with several clients as it is easy to use and affordable. Even though these statistics are from 2016, these numbers and ideas are still relevant, so I thought that this was worth sharing.
12 Giving Statistics Your Nonprofit Should Pay Attention To:
1. Over 60 percent of donations are made by women
2. Giving campaigns paired with missions’ lead to more donations
3. People who earn $20K to $39K give a greater percentage of their income than those who earn $250K or more.
4. 31 percent of annual giving occurs in December
5. 2/3 of people do not do any research before donating
6. Seniors are more generous donators than those under the age of 65
7. Email tends to have the best return on investment of any marketing effort – $40 for every $1 spent
8. For every 1,000 website visitors, a non-profit raises about $600
9. About 1/3 of online donations are through peer-to-peer fundraising
10. 51 percent of people who visit your website are viewing it on a mobile device
11. 72 percent of charitable contributions are made by individuals
12. 53.8 percent of nonprofits begin planning their year-end appeal in October
You can use data to look at demographics, monitor changing ideas and values, and spot challenges, as well as opportunities. It’s important to understand that while it is much easier to collect data today, what you do with it is what really matters. Data can help with long-term planning. For example, understanding the people who are in your communities, including who moved into the area in recent years. These are potential supporters!
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 403-607-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to speak on the phone or via Skype, etc., as I would be honored to see if my business may be of service to your nonprofit or a nonprofit you’re associated with.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
I hope you enjoy my postings and find this information useful. Please follow the link at: https://raveresults.ca/blog as I welcome your comments on my Blog.
Wishing you continued good health through these challenging times.
Mitchell Ravvin, BComm, PFPC, CFRE
Rave Results Inc.
7436 21A Street SE
Calgary, AB T2C 0V9
Rave Results Inc. is a professional fundraising service specializing in assisting mid-size nonprofit organizations. Areas of expertise include: Donor Development, Major Gift Fundraising, Sponsorship, Planned Giving, and both Annual and Capital Campaigns.