August 21, 2018
Grant writing is the practice of completing an application process for a financial grant provided by an institution such as a government department, corporation, foundation or trust.
Government grants have always been a part of most nonprofits revenue requirements, however, over the years with government making cut-backs in their nonprofit grants, nonprofits have needed to look elsewhere for grants including various corporations and foundations.
Here are 10 Quick Grant Trips to help your nonprofit, or a nonprofit you are associated, with writing grants:
1. Make a Phone Call (if possible), Before You Write the grant, to gather more information about grant application
2. Less is More (except, naturally, all the details that are required for the application)
3. Get a Peer to help Edit before sending it in
4. Keep it Simple; (KISS principle)
5. Keep Up to Date and Informed with your Information and Make it Current
6. Do your Homework about Facts, Figures, etc.
7. Collect your own Data as not to rely only on General Statistics
8. Tell a Story
9. Show a Picture
10. Send A Thank You upon/if Receiving Grant
If you would like to learn more about how my experience and skills may be able to help benefit your nonprofit, or a nonprofit you may be associated with, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me, as I would be pleased to meet and discuss the opportunity of working together.
I hope you enjoy my postings and find this information useful. Please follow the link at: http://raveresults.ca/blog/ as I welcome your comments on my Blog.
Thanks and hope you’re having a great summer!
Mitchell Ravvin, BComm, PFPC, CFRE
Rave Results Inc.
7436 21A Street SE
Calgary, AB T2C 0V9
Rave Results Inc. is a professional fundraising service specializing in assisting mid-size nonprofit organizations. Areas of expertise include: Donor Development, Major Gift Fundraising, Sponsorship, Planned Giving, and both Annual and Capital Campaigns.